Friday, February 5, 2010

back on track.

It is getting more difficult these days. When I started Weight watchers I had 42 points to eat a day(roughly the same as 2000 calories). I was nursing 100%, and was fat.

Now I have 30 points. Things are not as easy. I used to have 10 points at the end of the day to just eat whatever. Those points are gone, now I have to start planning, figuring out how to get the most bang for my buck!


The good thing is I am getting strong, I can run farther and faster than I ever thought I could. I am at almost 10 minute miles. I can do 3 miles without thinking much of it. In fact I want to push myself harder, but I stay on the 10k prep plan. I am running another 8k in one month and to be honest it does not scare me at all, this time I know I will be running it in under an hour, my goal is to beat Ryan's turkey trot time!

So diet is rough, and only going to get more difficult, but work outs are only getting easier and more fun by the day.

8 comments:

Katie J ♥ said...

You said workouts are FUN!!! Yay for that Miss Katie!

BEE said...

ya you are thinking workouts are fun thats the key to success yay yay yay
congrats
your doing great

Hallie said...

I'm having similar issues, with the calorie reduction, I think. It just seems like these days meal sizes seem so small and I just have to trust (and try to learn) that it's enough for my body. This week for breakfast I'm having a lot of cold cereal, because I've been missing it, it's an old favorite of mine - but it's 1 ounce of cereal. Do you have any idea how small 1 ounce of cornflakes is? Let alone oatmeal squares! The other night for dinner, 3 ounces of pork didn't look like much and I had a large helping of spaghetti squash to make up for the puny-looking pork. To think my calorie allowance might only get smaller - at least until I reach goal weight! And by the way, I'm freaking out about 1700 calories a day, rather a lot compared to what some dieters are eating!

karen@fitnessjourney said...

How great that your workouts aren't feeling like a huge chore anymore. That is a huge milestone.

Laura said...

I cant believe it when a weight I used to use gets lighter & I have to change it up, best feeling ever!

I'm loving workouts sooo much these days

Unknown said...

WOW, girl - you are doing SO well! The running, the weight loss - you are such an inspiration!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

It is hard to adjust down as your weight goes down. I remember being surprised that I had to continually adjust the calorie level down as I lost pounds. Speaking of pounds - congratulations on the 60 pounds lost! That's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Here we go...now beating the old man...Beat me if you can. 5k snowshoe race this Saturday.
:-)