Monday, February 1, 2010

No I didn't fall off the wagon, but I did fall...

My Uncle gave me a great book for Christmas, "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. I found out I was running all wrong and today was ready to just enjoy a run for the sake of running. No intervals no start no stop just go and go. So I did a 5 minute warm up, bumped up to an 8 minute mile, smiled that I can do this, reached for my water took a sip, and BAM!!

I fell off the the treadmill, the really cute really tiny girl next to me was worried, but I hopped back up and continued my run at a 10:30 minute mile. I also went back to intervals. I was running and really didn't think anything about it till I heard the cute girl say to her friend a 20 minutes later "did you see her poor leg?" that is when I looked down, and saw the treadmill took the skin off my leg.

So at that point now that I noticed it, my leg started throbbing, but I was 20 minutes in and over half way done with a 5k. So I kept on running, figuring that I had to finish I made it this far. I finishd the 5k, and the 2 minute cool down in 34 minutes! I have never run to fast in my life. I think the pain drove me to finish sooner, because I kept bumping up the speed to get the 5 k done faster. I finished, grabbed my coat and left.

I came home and my husband was sweetly concerened, and then when he saw that I was okay he was his normal funny self. He wanted to know if I skinned my knee on purpose to have a better weigh in...a little less skin has to make me wiegh a little less=)

I love that man!

I think I might just swim tomorrow, I also think the ultra marathon the book made me want to do, probably won't happen.

1 comment:

Katie J ♥ said...

Poor thing! That stinks but look how hardcore you are staying on the treadmill. I think that is a MAJOR accomplishment! xoxo