Thursday, December 17, 2009

Stuffed Peppers and salsa chicken!

Oh I have had 2 amazing dinners the past couple of days, one my husband swears is the best thing ever, and other I made and ate for the first time and can not wait to make again!

The First is salsa chicken with my additions...

So easy,
chicken breasts 3-4 depending on size roughly 1 pound
1 cup of salsa
Taco seasoning
cream of mushroom soup 98% fat free
Light sour cream
(next ones are my additions)1/2 cup brown rice
1 can black beans
few Jalapenos

Throw the chicken seasoning, salsa, soup, and jalapenos in the crock pot for 4-6 hours.

When 3-5 hours into the cooking add the rice and black beans and cook for one more hour. When done in the crock pot add the sour cream mix well and the shred the chicken. Then put over tortilla I like corn because they are healthier, my husband prefers flour.

It is so easy and my husbands favorite thing, he ate them for the next 3 days as well.

Next I had my first experience with stuffed green peppers, I do not know how I went my entire life without ever trying them, I love green peppers.

I kinda winged it and it turned out great.

1/2 95% lean ground beef
Uncle Ben's original rice prepared (I only added half the rice)
8 oz tomato sauce
Italian seasoning, add as much or as little as you like, I added roughly 1 tablespoon.
small onion
4 oz (it was what I had in the fridge) mushrooms cut up small.
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8 cup parm cheese
3 medium green peppers

I prepared the uncle Ben's rice, then brown the onions added the beef and mushrooms and cooked till brown, added the mushrooms tomato sauce, seasoning, salt pepper, rice, then the parm cheese. I cooked till the parm was all integrated in. then turned on low, cut the tops out of the peppers and stuffed them full of the mixture. Sprinkle with a Small amount of parm and Italian seasoning on each one, cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 375.

Both I highly recommend, neither tasted like "diet food."

Today I have been doing well. Yesterday I did awesome, had 10 points to eat at night, and I ate my normal ice cream bar (2 points) half the target Popcorn(5 points), then discovered a new love of animal crackers and ate half the bag(8 points).

Seriously what is wrong with me I can not go one entire day, I did so well, even gave myself a ton of night snacking points...and I still went over my daily points.

Well today is a new day...I will do it right! I even worked out, which is easiers said than done knowing I am working tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Night time snacking-that is my weakness! Do I really need to eat chips and salsa 20 minutes before I go to bed?-Colleen