Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year new me!

This 2009 was a good one for me. The best part of the year was my new gorgeous baby girl.



I can not believe she already 6 months old, she is such a roley poley happy baby.

The second thing I am most proud of is my new self. Six weeks after I had Sophie I weighed 252 pounds. I felt like crap, I had to go to a plus size store to buy clothes, and I wasn't the smallest size there even. I had to take a shirt back because 18/20 was too small. I bought a size 20 pants! I hit rock bottom the day I looked around at my family and saw I weighed more than everyone in it, including my 6'3 brother.

So thanks to my parents I joined WW, the first week I cried, pouted, and complained. I did so much I also anounced my weight not just to blog land, but to EVERYONE. I started this blog, joined a gym. Started cooking new and exciting things. In the almost 5 months since I started this journey I lost 60 pounds. I have just 40 left! I also am not longer obese, according to the BMI calculator I am now overweight. I also took what is your real age and I came up as 30.9, I just turned 31 on Christmas so I am even doing well with that.

There is one other thing about 2009 I am very proud of I speent 2009 smoke free! I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant with Riley, but I am ashamed to admit I started up after I had Riley. When I found out I was pregnant with Sophie I quit again. This time with new determination, that I will never start again, and I haven't. Now with all the excersise I seriously can't ever again because there is no way I could run a half marathon and be a smoker, but I can not be 252 pound half marathon runner either!

3 comments:

Katie J ♥ said...

You have done SO MUCH Katie! I am so impressed and especially about the smoking. I came up with a list today and sadly that was not on it nor did it even cross my mind... hmmm thought to ponder.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEARS and look forward to seeing you reach your goal in 2010!

xoxox

Athena said...

Good job -- I am happy to have found your blog! Do you do WW online? I blog over there too and would love to friend ya ;-)

Lori Lynn said...

Yay for not going back to smoking! Hope you have a wonderful 2010! :-)