Friday, October 9, 2009

I can run!

I can run, not 90 seconds but actually run. I am sure there were times in my life in the past I could have but I have NEVER EVER RUN. I played sports but never ran for the sake of running. Today I went in to do the 5k loop on the treadmill with the idea of every 5 minutes I would run 90 seconds. The first round I walked 5 minutes bumped up the treadmill and started running, hit 90 seconds told myself lets go to 2 minutes, then 2 and half minutes, then kept pushing, before I knew it I had ran for 5 minutes. I slowed the treadmill to a fast walk (4.2 mph)and walked for 5 minutes, then I ran, and surprised myself when I made it 5 minutes again. Turned it down to 4.2 and once again walked, 5 min and ran 5 min. Then I was on the final part of the 5 k, and only 10 minutes, I did it once more. This time it was the hardest I wanted to give it, but I didn't I ran.

So if you got all that I did a 5k in 40 minutes and 30 seconds. Twenty minutes of that time was running! I will do my 5k on the treadmill like this for a week, then go for 4 minutes walking and 6 minutes running, then 3/7, and 2/8 1/9...and soon run it all!


YAY FOR RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Seren_Sighs said...

Hello. I have been reading weight loss blogs for a while now and, due to blog rolls, I found yours through a blog of a blog of a blog.

You get the point.

Anyways, congrats on running! That's fantastic. I actually just started running for more than a few minutes last Saturday so I know there is nothing that makes you feel more fit than being able to run. Seriously, when you think of a fit person, I bet you think of a runner right? And now you can add yourself into that category!

Anyways, that's truly amazing and you should be very proud! I found that once I got past a certain point I could just keep running without too much effort. I hope the same thing happens for you.

Congrats and keep it up!

athinnerkatie said...

You hit the nail on the head! It is so true when I think of what people do to stay fit it is running, thank you for pointing out I am now one of them=)

That just made my night.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I am so excited for you. I agree with your first poster. That's probably exactly why I push through and run a few 5K's a year. Runner=fit That may not be 100% true, but it's one of the pictures in my head as well!

Congratulations on your accomplishment. It's awesome! And the best part is that although it got hard at the end, you didn't give up!!

Lori Lynn said...

Congratulations! I've been trying to become a runner myself, and am almost up to a mile, though it has taken me forever to get there! I've never been an athlete, and also never would have thought that I'd be running either.

Learning to be Less said...

I am soooo proud of you!! I really mean that. Running is HARD. Especially when you first start doing it. It takes a brave person to try it who has never run before. You go girl!!!

As you run, that weight will fall right off of you.